Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates water still, mixer, clarifier, and filtering unit to process liquid and powder ingredients into sterile medications: Turns valves to admit deionized water and steam to still and circulate water through condenser for distillation.
- 2) Pours metered or measured amount of distilled water into container, weighs out or dumps preweighed ingredients into water and lowers mixing head into solution to dissolve and mix ingredients.
- 3) Turns dial on pH meter to standard acidity reading, immerses electrodes in beaker of buffer solution, and adds acid or alkali, as specified, to achieve prescribed acidity.
- 4) Pours mixture into clarifier unit to remove insoluble material.
- 5) Immerses bacteriological filtering candle in clarified solution, connects tubing between candle and collecting vessel, and starts vacuum pump to draw solution through candle pores to remove bacteria and spores and produce sterile product.
- 6) May set up ampoule- or vial-filling machine.
- 7) May operate equipment to produce sterile, deionized water used in sterile medications.
- 8) May sterilize equipment, using autoclave and disinfectant solution.
Is being a "STERILE-PRODUCTS PROCESSOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STERILE-PRODUCTS PROCESSOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STERILE-PRODUCTS PROCESSOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STERILE-PRODUCTS PROCESSOR"
Job Number: 9885