Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates computerized stenographic captioning equipment to provide captions of live television broadcast for hearing-impaired viewers: Discusses program or news story content with broadcast's PRODUCER to learn new words and terms which are not included in computer's stenographic glossary.
- 2) Devises stenographic equivalents of new words or terms and adds them to stenographic glossary.
- 3) Reviews glossary items before broadcast for words and terms that are likely to be used on-air.
- 4) Listens to live program dialogue and types stenographic equivalents for words and phrases to provide on-screen captions.
- 5) May type captions for movie or taped television program.
Is being a "STENOCAPTIONER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STENOCAPTIONER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STENOCAPTIONER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STENOCAPTIONER"
Job Number: 9877