Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs, lays out, and cuts letters for stenciling railroad cars, according to specifications, using precision measuring and drawing instruments and handtools: Draws letter designs on stencil paper, using rule, triangle, T-square and pen or pencil.
- 2) Brushes shellac and linseed oil on both sides of stencil paper to stiffen and preserve stencil.
- 3) Cuts out letters, using knife or stencil-cutting machine.
- 4) Constructs wood stencil frame, using miter box, saw, and hammer.
- 5) Tacks stencil onto frame, using hammer or staple gun.
- 6) May apply protective coating to exterior surfaces of locomotives, fixtures, and buildings, using brush, spray gun, or paint rollers.
- 7) May stencil letters on cars, using brush or spray gun and be designated Car Letterer.
Is being a "STENCIL CUTTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STENCIL CUTTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STENCIL CUTTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STENCIL CUTTER"
Job Number: 9871