Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends steep tanks to soften corn and other grains preparatory to grinding: Opens hatch and chute gate leading to steep tank, and signals GRAIN RECEIVER to load tank with grain.
- 2) Turns valves and starts pumps to fill tank with steep-water to specified level.
- 3) Observes thermometers and opens steam valves to heat tank to specified temperature.
- 4) Tests specific gravity of water in tanks, using hydrometer, to determine when steeping process is complete.
- 5) Records data, such as number of batches and bushels steeped, length of steeping cycle, and temperature and specific gravity of each batch.
- 6) May prepare grinding schedules to facilitate production.
- 7) May operate sulfur burner to regulate sulfuric acid concentration in steep water, millhouse, and starch wash water.
- 8) May work as member of team and be designated according to position as Bottom Steep Tender; Top Steep Tender.
Is being a "STEEP TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STEEP TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STEEP TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STEEP TENDER"
Job Number: 9859