Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Pours molten metal from ladles into molds to form ingots: Examines molds to ensure that they are clean, smooth, and coated.
- 2) Signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to position pouring nozzle of ladle over molds.
- 3) Pulls lever to lift ladle stopper and allow molten steel to flow into ingot molds to specified height.
- 4) Replaces defective stoppers, using handtools, sledges, and bars.
- 5) Signals STEEL-POURER HELPER during steel pouring operation to obtain sample of steel for analysis, spray water on filled molds, and cap molds.
- 6) Removes solidified steel or slag from pouring nozzle, using long bar or oxygen burner.
Is being a "STEEL POURER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STEEL POURER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STEEL POURER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STEEL POURER"
Job Number: 9847