"STEAM SERVICE INSPECTOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs, inspects, and repairs underground steam mains and auxiliary equipment: Turns valve to shut off steam and to blow steam from pipe section to be worked on, using valve key, wrench, or special bar.
- 2) Places pipe in previously dug ditch and bolts or welds pipe sections together, using handtools or welding equipment.
- 3) Cuts threads and fits pipe, and fastens expansion joint over connection by turning couplings with wrench.
- 4) Installs or replaces auxiliary equipment, such as pressure regulating valves, gaskets, and steam traps, using pipefitting tools.
- 5) Enters manholes periodically and examines steam lines and equipment for vapor leakage or loose connections and feels street surface above mains for heat indicative of steam leakage.
- 6) Repacks expansion joints and repairs steam traps and other defective equipment.
- 7) Operates motorized pump to remove water from flooded manholes.
- 8) May repair steam meters.
Is being a "STEAM SERVICE INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STEAM SERVICE INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STEAM SERVICE INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STEAM SERVICE INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 9829