Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that passes cloth between rollers and steam-jacketed enclosure to press and remove wrinkles from cloth: Sews end of cloth to leader in machine, using portable sewing machine.
- 2) Turns wheel to adjust guides according to width of cloth.
- 3) Turns thumbscrew to regulate pressure of steam jacket for type of cloth and finish specified.
- 4) Turns valve to admit steam if cloth is to be dampened before pressing.
- 5) Observes cloth feeding into machine to detect and remove foreign matter.
- 6) Places empty truck under swing-folding attachment and doffs full truck or removes full rolls from machine brackets, using chain hoist.
- 7) May measure width of cloth after pressing and turn wheel to adjust spread roller that controls width of finished cloth.
Is being a "STEAM-PRESS TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STEAM-PRESS TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STEAM-PRESS TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STEAM-PRESS TENDER"
Job Number: 9842