Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that regulates flow of byproduct gases in coke-oven standpipes preparatory to discharging or charging oven: Moves controls to regulate flow of gases to collecting main, to open standpipes and oven charging holes, clear oven and standpipe of gases, and control flow of ammonia liquor and steam during charging.
- 2) Sweeps spillage into charging holes.
- 3) Cleans top of ovens, using broom and shovel.
- 4) Clears standpipe, nozzles, and charging holes, using chisel bar and drill.
- 5) Pokes coal from hoppers on charging car, using bar.
- 6) May hook chains to oven doors and use winch to raise or lower doors.
- 7) May loosen, unplug, and move tar in main, using bar.
Is being a "STANDPIPE TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STANDPIPE TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STANDPIPE TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STANDPIPE TENDER"
Job Number: 9793