Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies effects of toxic substances on physiological functions of human beings, animals, and plants to develop data for use in consumer protection and industrial safety programs: Designs and conducts studies to determine physiological effects of various substances on laboratory animals, plants, and human tissue, using biological and biochemical techniques.
- 2) Interprets results of studies in terms of toxicological properties of substances and hazards associated with misuse of products containing substances.
- 3) Provides information concerning toxicological properties of products and materials to regulatory agency personnel and industrial firms.
- 4) Reviews toxicological data submitted by others for adequacy, and suggests amendment or expansion of data to clarify or correct information.
- 5) Confers with governmental and industrial personnel to provide advice on precautionary labeling for hazardous materials and products and on nature and degree of hazard in cases of accidental exposure or ingestion.
- 6) Prepares and maintains records of studies for use as toxicological resource material.
- 7) Testifies as expert witness on toxicology in hearings and court proceedings.
Is being a "STAFF TOXICOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STAFF TOXICOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STAFF TOXICOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STAFF TOXICOLOGIST"
Job Number: 9766