Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs and maintains self-propelled circle-irrigation system on farms according to specifications: Reads work order to ascertain type system to be installed, installation location, and operating specifications.
- 2) Drives truck to haul tools and equipment to work site.
- 3) Raises prefabricated sections of irrigator into position, using truck-mounted crane, and connects sections together with precut structural aluminum and bolts.
- 4) Installs water pipe and sprinkler heads along framework, using pipe-wrenches and couplings.
- 5) Positions, seals, and secures irrigator to pivot of water supply, using crane, wrenches, and packing compound.
- 6) Activates irrigator and observes operation to verify synchronization of drive-wheels, and specified distribution and volume of water.
- 7) Replaces defective water lines, sprinkler heads, and structural members, using pipe threader, tube cutters, welding equipment, and handtools.
- 8) Tests and replaces electrical wiring and components, using test meter, soldering equipment, and wire strippers.
- 9) Periodically repacks pivot and lubricates moving parts.
Is being a "SPRINKLER-IRRIGATION-EQUIPMENT MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SPRINKLER-IRRIGATION-EQUIPMENT MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SPRINKLER-IRRIGATION-EQUIPMENT MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SPRINKLER-IRRIGATION-EQUIPMENT MECHANIC"
Job Number: 9752