Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs webbing and springs in furniture frames preparatory to upholstering: Tacks or staples ends of webbing strips to side of frame, using tack hammer or staple gun.
- 2) Stretches webbing across frame with webbing stretcher and tacks ends to opposite side of frame.
- 3) Tacks strips to back of frame and weaves them through crosspieces to cover opening.
- 4) Cuts webbing overlap with hand shears.
- 5) Positions coil springs on webbing and fastens spring to webbing with needle and twine or with metal clips, using clinching tool.
- 6) Tacks twine to edges of frame opening and laces and ties twine to springs to stabilize and secure them in place.
- 7) Cuts burlap or canvas to cover springs, places cover on springs, and tacks to edges of frame.
- 8) May install zigzag or no-sag springs in backs of sofa and chair frames, using metal clips and hammer.
- 9) May tack metal support strap on frame, using hammer.
- 10) May fasten border wire to springs, using metal clips or by twisting crimp wire around border wire and top of spring.
- 11) May cover frame opening by attaching web-fabric panels to frame with small springs.
- 12) May sew heavy paper over border wire, using needle and stitching twine to soften edge.
Is being a "SPRINGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SPRINGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SPRINGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SPRINGER"
Job Number: 9749