Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that sprays finish on cloth to increase thickness and bulk of cloth: Places roll of cloth on holders, by hand or using hoist.
- 2) Sews end of cloth to leader, using sewing machine mounted on feed-end of spraying machine.
- 3) Adjusts air pressure control, observes gauges, and turns knob to start flow of finish from tanks through spray apparatus.
- 4) Adjusts temperature control and observes gauges to regulate heat in gas flame dryer and hot air drying compartments, according to temperature chart.
- 5) Starts machine and observes cloth passing through spray cabinet to ensure that finish is sprayed evenly on cloth.
- 6) Stops machine and adjusts air pressure control, nozzles on spray apparatus, or cleans clogged nozzles if finish is not uniform.
- 7) Measures cloth emerging from drying compartment to detect width shrinkage and adjusts temperature controls as needed.
- 8) Removes roll of cloth from machine by hand or using hoist, or pushes handtruck from under swing-folding attachments.
- 9) Places empty beam on machine or pushes empty handtruck under swing-folding attachment.
- 10) May tend machine equipped with doctor to scrape excess size from material.
- 11) May pour finish from containers into tanks.
- 12) May be designated according to finish used as Blow-Machine Tender, Starch Spraying.
Is being a "SPRAY-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SPRAY-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SPRAY-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SPRAY-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 9722