Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends splicing machine that bonds preglued edges of veneer strips together to form larger sheets: Turns dial or handwheel of machine to regulate heat, pressure of rollers, and conveyor speed according to thickness of veneer sheets to be processed.
- 2) Positions two veneer strips side by side against center guide of machine and feeds them into machine that automatically forces glued edges together and cures edges to bond sheets.
- 3) Observes bonded sheets to detect defects, such as overlapping or unbonded edges.
- 4) Adjusts heat, pressure, and speed of machine, or cleans heating bar with scraping tool to correct malfunctions.
- 5) Verifies dimensions of veneer sheets against work order, using tape measure.
- 6) May record footage spliced as indicated by meter on machine.
- 7) May spray glue on edges of veneer strips prior to bonding, using spray gun.
- 8) May tend splicing machine that automatically applies glue to edges prior to bonding and be designated Edge Gluer.
Is being a "SPLICER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SPLICER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SPLICER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SPLICER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 9677