Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates bench-mounted, single-spindle carving machine to carve decorative designs on wooden furniture stock, following drawing or sample: Studies drawing of design or stock sample of item to be carved and selects cutter according to size and shape of design and type of wood.
- 2) Attaches cutter to machine spindle, using wrenches and pliers.
- 3) Starts machine and holds and guides stock against rotating cutter to carve design identical to drawing or sample.
- 4) May install grinding wheel on spindle and sharpen cutter by holding it against rotating grinding wheel.
- 5) May attach carving guide and rest stock against guide to cut design in stock.
Is being a "SPINDLE CARVER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SPINDLE CARVER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SPINDLE CARVER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SPINDLE CARVER"
Job Number: 9651