Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Edits and synchronizes music, dialogue, and sound effects of motion picture film and video tape into single sound-print for film or video-tape production: Loads combination sound-and-picture reproducing machine with picture and sound-track films and video tape.
- 2) Starts machine, views action through aperture, and listens to sound being reproduced, using earphones.
- 3) Notes dupe sheet for sound effects to accompany or punctuate action.
- 4) Determines that sound matches picture or dupe sheet indicates sound-effect insertion.
- 5) Stops machine at such points and marks symbol on film with grease pencil or notches symbol on video tape, using electronic device.
- 6) Rewinds prints onto reels by reversing action of machine.
- 7) Sets reels on rewinder, turns handle until both sound and picture are unwound to points marked by symbol, and splices sound effect into sound print.
Is being a "SOUND CUTTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SOUND CUTTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SOUND CUTTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SOUND CUTTER"
Job Number: 9605