Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs solar domestic hot water and space heating systems for new and existing structures, applying knowledge of energy requirements of structure, local climatological conditions, solar technology, and thermodynamics: Estimates energy requirements of new or existing structures, based on analysis of utility bills of structure, calculations of thermal efficiency of structure, and prevailing climatological conditions.
- 2) Determines type of solar system, such as water, glycol, or silicone, which functions most efficiently under prevailing climatological conditions.
- 3) Calculates on-site heat generating capacity of different solar panels to determine optimum size and type of panels which meet structure's energy requirements.
- 4) Arranges location of solar system components, such as panel, pumps, and storage tanks, to minimize length and number of direction changes in pipes and reconstruction of existing structures.
- 5) Studies engineering tables to determine size of pipes and pumps required to maintain specified flow rate through solar panels.
- 6) Specifies types of electrical controls, such as differential thermostat, temperature sensors, and solenoid valves, compatible with other system components, using knowledge of control systems.
- 7) Completes parts list, specifying components of system.
- 8) Draws wiring, piping, and other diagrams, using drafting tools.
- 9) May inspect structures to compile data used in solar system design, such as structure's angle of alignment with sun and temperature of incoming cold water.
- 10) May inspect construction of system to ensure adherence to design specifications.
Is being a "SOLAR-ENERGY-SYSTEMS DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SOLAR-ENERGY-SYSTEMS DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SOLAR-ENERGY-SYSTEMS DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SOLAR-ENERGY-SYSTEMS DESIGNER"
Job Number: 9570