Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs and repairs solar-energy systems designed to collect, store, and circulate solar-heated water or other medium for residential, commercial, or industrial use: Locates and marks position of collectors, holding tank, and distribution system on structure, according to specifications and blueprints.
- 2) Cuts holes in roof, walls, and ceiling to install equipment and plumbing, using power saws and drills.
- 3) Installs supports and brackets to anchor solar collectors and holding tank, using carpenter's handtools.
- 4) Cuts, threads, and fits plumbing according to specifications for connecting circulation system, using plumber's handtools.
- 5) Lays out and connects electrical wiring between controls and pumps according to wiring diagram and knowledge of standard industry practice, using electrician's handtools.
- 6) Tests electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- 7) Tests plumbing for leaks, using pressure gauge.
- 8) Pushes control buttons to activate pumps and observes system to detect malfunctions.
- 9) Repairs or replaces defective equipment.
Is being a "SOLAR-ENERGY-SYSTEM INSTALLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SOLAR-ENERGY-SYSTEM INSTALLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SOLAR-ENERGY-SYSTEM INSTALLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SOLAR-ENERGY-SYSTEM INSTALLER"
Job Number: 9568