Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies soil characteristics and maps soil types, and investigates responses of soils to known management practices to determine use capabilities of soils and effects of alternative practices on soil productivity: Classifies soils according to standard types.
- 2) Conducts experiments on farms or experimental stations to determine best soil types for different plants.
- 3) Performs chemical analysis on micro-organism content of soil to determine microbial reactions and chemical and mineralogical relationship to plant growth.
- 4) Investigates responses of specific soil types to tillage, fertilization, nutrient transformations, crop rotation, environmental consequences, water, gas or heat flow, industrial waste control and other soil management practices.
- 5) Advises interested persons on rural or urban land use.
- 6) May specialize in one or more types of activities relative to soil management and productivity and be designated Soil Fertility Expert.
Is being a "SOIL SCIENTIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SOIL SCIENTIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SOIL SCIENTIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SOIL SCIENTIST"
Job Number: 9566