Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cleans and rough finishes surfaces of casting, using powered grinding wheel mounted on counterbalanced frame: Positions casting under grinding wheel manually or using crane or hoist.
- 2) Grabs grinder handles and pulls wheel down against casting to remove projections, such as gates, fins, and parting lines, from surface.
- 3) Repositions casting to grind other areas.
- 4) May change position of belts on motor and pulleys to increase revolutions per minute when grinding wheel wears down.
- 5) May remove cracks in surfaces of ingots, billets, and forgings, using grinder.
- 6) May grind castings, using stationary grinder and be designated Stand Grinder.
Is being a "SNAG GRINDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SNAG GRINDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SNAG GRINDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SNAG GRINDER"
Job Number: 9536