"SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates slitting machine to cut sheet metal into strips of specified widths: Selects, cleans, and installs spacers and cutters on arbors, and hones cutters with oilstone to remove nicks.
- 2) Presses button to lower arbor until cutters mesh, and measures clearance with feeler gauge.
- 3) Inserts spacers to adjust spacing to specified tolerance.
- 4) Signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to lift metal roll to play-out reel or places roll on reel, using overhead chain hoist.
- 5) Threads sheeting through slitter and verifies dimensions of cut to specifications, using rule.
- 6) Secures strips on recoiler, adjusts guides and roller tension with handcrank, and starts machine.
- 7) Observes slitting and rewinding operation and examines cut strips for flatness, holes, burrs on edges, and surface defects.
- 8) May oil and clean machine.
- 9) May feed sheet metal between rotating shear rolls.
- 10) May install rubber sleeves over spacers to provide gripping surface for rollers and to facilitate movement of material being slit.
- 11) May operate panel to control specific units of equipment, such as feeder unit.
Is being a "SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"
Job Number: 9508