"SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machine to slit continuous lengths of material, such as cardboard, felt, metallic foil, paper, plastic, rubberized sheeting, or textile fabrics, into strips of specified width: Spaces rotary blades on machine shaft, according to width specified for strips, and turns setscrew to secure blades in position, using allen wrench.
- 2) Mounts roll or bolt of material on machine supports and threads material over tension bar, between feed rollers, and under rotary blades.
- 3) Laps ends of slit material around takeup tubes I.
- 4) Starts machine and observes flow of material through machine to detect irregular cutting and winding.
- 5) Moves levers to stop, start, and regulate speed of machine and to align material with rotary blades.
- 6) Disengages winding shaft and removes narrow rolls of material.
- 7) Stacks material on shelves according to width of material.
- 8) When slitting aluminum foil into widths, is designated Aluminum-Foil-Spooling-Machine Operator.
- 9) When slitting embroidered cloth into strips for use as decorative trimming, is designated Straight Cutter, Machine.
- 10) May be designated according to material or product cut as Binding Cutter; Cuff Slitter; Electric-Tape Slitter; Facing Slitter; Paper Slitter; Tape Cutter.
Is being a "SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR I"
Job Number: 9507