Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cuts material for slipcovers according to size and shape of furniture to match patterns and ensure economical use of material: Reads order to determine type and amount of material required, and obtains materials from stockroom.
- 2) Determines from experience and knowledge of materials approximate yardage necessary to cover furniture, allowing for shrinkage and stitching.
- 3) Measures, drapes, and smooths material, wrong-side-out, over sections of furniture to ensure most economical use and to serve as guide in matching shades, colors, and designs in cloth.
- 4) Determines cutting lines by pinning or marking fabric, using shape of furniture as outline.
- 5) Cuts fabric along marked lines.
- 6) Pins cut pieces together and fits assembled unit over furniture, making adjustments with pins to attain required fitting.
- 7) Wraps fitted pieces together and delivers to shop for sewing.
- 8) Records amount of time required for each assignment.
- 9) May visit customer's home to cut material for slipcovers.
- 10) May cut material for draperies.
- 11) May cut out slipcover parts from patterns, using rotary knife.
Is being a "SLIPCOVER CUTTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SLIPCOVER CUTTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SLIPCOVER CUTTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SLIPCOVER CUTTER"
Job Number: 9844