"SLIME-PLANT OPERATOR II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment, such as grinders, leachers, filters, pressers, and evaporators that recover gold, silver, selenium, and other minerals from impurities: Grinds impure slag or ore in ball mill, and mixes slag with water to form slurry.
- 2) Turns valves and starts pumps to force mixture into leaching tanks.
- 3) Starts agitators and adds chemicals to leach combined solutions.
- 4) Starts pumps to force leached solution into settling tanks, and installs orifices to control rate of flow of sediment and liquids to and from settling tanks to remove liquid.
- 5) Feeds settled solution through rotary-drum filters, and presses filtered slime in press.
- 6) Boils selenium residue to remove moisture for barreling.
- 7) Obtains and weighs samples of slimes during process, using container and platform scales, and delivers samples to laboratory for analysis.
- 8) Drains and cleans tanks, wire screens, inflow pipes, and equipment with water hose.
- 9) May be designated according to mineral recovered as Selenium-Plant Operator.
Is being a "SLIME-PLANT OPERATOR II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SLIME-PLANT OPERATOR II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SLIME-PLANT OPERATOR II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SLIME-PLANT OPERATOR II"
Job Number: 9495