Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates skiving machine to round and groove rectangular, hollow, wooden blanks to shape parts for rifles and shotguns: Mounts blank between front and tail mandrels and locks tailstock to secure workpiece.
- 2) Starts machine to rotate blank.
- 3) Turns handcrank to feed skiving knives into workpiece until lug stops are reached, indicating end of cut.
- 4) Reverses handcrank to withdraw knives.
- 5) Moves lever to bring cutters down to trim and face ends.
- 6) Examines finished piece for imperfections, such as cracks, knots, and broken ends.
- 7) Measures length and diameter of slide handles and depth of grooves, using fixed gauges.
Is being a "SKIVING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SKIVING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SKIVING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SKIVING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 9462