Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Skins sections of animals or whole animals, such as cattle, sheep, and hogs, performing any combination of following tasks as member of a crew: Slits skin on head of carcass, and pulls and cuts connective tissue until head and neck are exposed, using knife.
- 2) Severs head from carcass of animal, using knife and cleaver and places it on racks for inspection.
- 3) Trims meat or fat from head skins.
- 4) Slits remaining hide on carcass from breastbone to crotch.
- 5) Pulls, cuts, and forces hand between hide and carcass to break connective tissue and separate it from neck, sides, shoulders, flanks, back, and tail of suspended carcass.
- 6) Breaks and severs legs at knee joint, and removes such parts as dew claws, bungs, tails, and genital organs.
- 7) Raises cattle from floor, using hoist, and pulls hide off carcass by hand or using pinchers.
- 8) Severs and exposes gullet and windpipe on small stock, using knife, and ties gullet to prevent leakage of fluid when viscera is removed.
- 9) Slits womb of cattle with knife to remove slunk.
- 10) Shackles neck of slunk and pulls off skin, using winch.
- 11) May saw brisket bone on cattle.
- 12) May skin pork, using drawknife.
- 13) May be designated according to kind of animal or portion of carcass skinned as Backer; Calf Skinner; Cattle Header; Slunk Skinner.
- 14) May be designated: Cattle Dropper And Pritcher; Leg Skinner; Shoulder Puncher; Small-Stock Facer.
Is being a "SKINNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SKINNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SKINNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SKINNER"
Job Number: 9451