"SKETCH MAKER, PHOTOENGRAVING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sketches cloth designs onto transparent paper for subsequent transfer to printing rollers by photographic process, using drafting tools and artists' work aids: Studies customer's design to locate one complete repeat of pattern.
- 2) Lays out reference points on design according to location of pattern repeat and motifs within repeat, using ruler, dividers, and pencil.
- 3) Places design on lighted drafting table, covers design with sheet of transparent paper, and transfers reference points from design to paper.
- 4) Holds paper against design with stylus and sketches each color in pattern repeat on separate sheet of paper, using pen, brush, sponge, opaque, india ink, and watercolors.
- 5) Varies intensity of sketch according to design so that printing rollers will be etched in manner that will produce shades and tones of color.
- 6) Corrects flaws left in design by artist or designer and alters design to make it practical for printing, employing knowledge of fabrics, colors, and etching and printing techniques.
- 7) Assembles sketches into composite sketch and compares composite with design to determine if parts of design join together to reproduce complete design.
- 8) Routes sketches to PHOTOGRAPHER, PHOTOENGRAVING for transfer to film.
Is being a "SKETCH MAKER, PHOTOENGRAVING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SKETCH MAKER, PHOTOENGRAVING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SKETCH MAKER, PHOTOENGRAVING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SKETCH MAKER, PHOTOENGRAVING"
Job Number: 9437