Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends mechanical or hydraulic presses which compress metal powders into parts, such as bearings, gears, filters, and rings, and coin them to specified size: Pours metal powder into hopper.
- 2) Starts press, observes operation, and notifies PRESS SETTER of malfunctions.
- 3) Examines finished part for nicks, burrs, and cracks.
- 4) Weighs parts on scale and measures dimensions, using micrometers or fixed gauges, to ensure conformance to specifications.
- 5) May adjust shuttle mechanism to regulate amount of powder in part.
- 6) Places finished parts on tray or in stock pan.
- 7) May write identifying information, such as mix number, number of parts, and date, on tag and attach it to tray or pan.
- 8) Feeds parts into coining press to correct distortions created in sinking process.
- 9) Removes parts from press and inspects them for burrs or other imperfections.
- 10) Places parts on tray or in stock pan.
- 11) May tend forming presses that fabricate clockwork parts from powdered metal.
Is being a "SINTERING-PRESS OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SINTERING-PRESS OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SINTERING-PRESS OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SINTERING-PRESS OPERATOR"
Job Number: 9411