Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles and repairs silverware, such as coffee pots, tea sets, and trays: Anneals workpiece in gas oven for prescribed time to soften metal for reworking.
- 2) Wires parts, such as legs, spouts, and handles, to body to prepare unit for soldering.
- 3) Solders parts together and fills in holes and cracks with silver solder, using gas torch.
- 4) Hammers out deformations and levels and sets bottoms, using dollies, hammers, and tracing punches.
- 5) Shapes and straightens damaged legs, lids, and spouts with pliers.
- 6) Restores dented embossing on articles, using hammers and punches.
- 7) Pierces and cuts open design in ornamentation, using hand drill and scroll saw.
- 8) Glues plastic separators to handles of coffee and teapots.
- 9) May operate lathe to form articles of silverware out of silver or plated sheet, according to sketches.
- 10) May hammer metal into shape and solder seams to make handles and spouts.
- 11) May work with metals other than silver, such as pewter, brass, chromium, and nickel.
Is being a "SILVERSMITH II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SILVERSMITH II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SILVERSMITH II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SILVERSMITH II"
Job Number: 9397