"SIGN ERECTOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Erects preassembled illuminated signs on buildings or other structures, according to sketches, drawings, or blueprints: Measures location for sign and marks points where holes for expansion shields are to be drilled, using measuring tape and chalk.
- 2) Drills holes, using star drill.
- 3) Drives expansion shield into hole with hammer, and secures lag bolts in shield, using wrench.
- 4) Attaches hanging pole for sign to building front with lag bolts, and secures pole with guy wires attached from pole to lag bolts.
- 5) Secures cornice hook on roof, rigs block and tackle, and hoists sign into position, or operates hydraulic boom to position sign.
- 6) Secures sign to hanging pole with hooks.
- 7) Makes electrical connections to power source and tests sign for correct operation.
- 8) May prewire sign before installing.
- 9) May use welding equipment when installing sign.
- 10) May mount plastic signs with adhesives.
- 11) May fabricate signs according to specifications and be designated Sign Maker.
Is being a "SIGN ERECTOR I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SIGN ERECTOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SIGN ERECTOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SIGN ERECTOR I"
Job Number: 9371