Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates equipment to clean dirt, scale, and core materials from steel castings with blasts of steel shot: Presses control panel buttons to adjust equipment settings for manual or automatic operations, length of cycle, sequence and timing of various operations, and position of oscillator.
- 2) Moves control to activate tow-mechanism drive to transport trolley loaded with castings into shotblast chamber, and watches operation to ensure that hydraulic doors close completely, trolley and oscillator positions are correct, and that air turbine and shotblast wheels start in sequence.
- 3) Monitors control panel dials and listens to equipment operations to detect jams or malfunctions.
- 4) Stops equipment to clear jams, replace fallen castings, reposition oscillator, and adjust hydraulic equipment.
- 5) Notifies machine repairer when unable to correct malfunction.
- 6) Greases equipment, maintains hydraulic fluid levels, and performs minor maintenance, using grease gun and handtools.
Is being a "SHOTBLAST-EQUIPMENT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SHOTBLAST-EQUIPMENT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SHOTBLAST-EQUIPMENT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SHOTBLAST-EQUIPMENT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 9331