"SHOT POLISHER AND INSPECTOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment in shot tower that segregates, routes, blends, and polishes shot used in shotgun shells: Starts bucket elevator that conveys newly formed pellets to shot tower and into screening drums that remove oversize and undersize pellets.
- 2) Turns crank to adjust angle of glass plates over which screened shot is rolled to remove out-of-round pellets, using graduated measuring stick to verify pitch.
- 3) Pulls levers and chains to direct flow of shot into sieves, polishing barrel, and storage bins, or into scrap bin for remelting.
- 4) Connects Y-pipe between specified bins and polishing barrel, starts barrel rotating, and opens bin valves to blend full and off-size shot by flowing shot together in Y-pipe.
- 5) Weighs sample of mixed shot at designated intervals and counts total number of pellets in sample, using pellet counting plate.
- 6) Measures size of pellets, using pellet measuring stick, and counts number of each size to determine average size.
- 7) Rolls pellets under dial micrometer to ascertain roundness of pellets.
- 8) Turns valves by trial and error to obtain shot blend that conforms to specifications.
- 9) Records results of tests.
Is being a "SHOT POLISHER AND INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SHOT POLISHER AND INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SHOT POLISHER AND INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SHOT POLISHER AND INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 9330