Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls kettles at top of shot tower to melt scrap shot, pure lead, and lead alloys and drops mixture through perforated pans down tower to form shot for shotgun shells: Computes in pigs and pounds, amounts of pure lead and lead alloys, containing various percentages of antimony, required to produce mixture of specified antimony content.
- 2) Notifies MATERIAL HANDLER type and quantity of pigs to load onto conveyor.
- 3) Starts conveyor and turns wheel or moves lever to regulate feed rate of lead pigs and scrap shot into kettle.
- 4) Observes pyrometers and turns knobs to adjust kettle temperature, according to specifications.
- 5) Positions specified shot pan, spreader pan, and cup in fixture beneath kettle spout.
- 6) Turns crank to regulate molten metal flow from kettle into cup.
- 7) Observes falling pellets to detect defects, such as irregular shot size, clogged holes in shot pan, and impurities in lead.
- 8) Adjusts flow of lead to increase or decrease size of pellets.
- 9) Adjusts kettle temperature to burn out impurities.
- 10) Removes pans and dips pans in kettle to melt clogged lead from perforations prior to reuse.
- 11) Shakes shot samples through gauging sieve and estimates production of specified shot size from percentage of pellets passing through sieve.
Is being a "SHOT DROPPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SHOT DROPPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SHOT DROPPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SHOT DROPPER"
Job Number: 9329