Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Records examination, testimony, judicial opinions, judge's charge to jury, judgment or sentence of court, or other proceedings in court of law by machine shorthand, takes shorthand notes, or reports proceedings into steno-mask.
- 2) Reads portions of transcript during trial on judge's request, and asks speakers to clarify inaudible statements.
- 3) Operates typewriter to transcribe recorded material, or dictates material into recording machine.
- 4) May record proceedings of quasi-judicial hearings and formal and informal meetings and be designated Hearings Reporter.
- 5) May be self-employed, performing duties in court of law or at hearings and meetings, and be designated Freelance Reporter.
Is being a "SHORTHAND REPORTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SHORTHAND REPORTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SHORTHAND REPORTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SHORTHAND REPORTER"
Job Number: 9327