Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs specialized hand and machine sewing operations in manufacture of made-to-measure or ready-to-wear clothing, applying knowledge of garment construction and fabrics: Trims and shapes edges of garment parts preparatory to sewing and cuts excess material from seam edges, using shears or knife.
- 2) Fits collar facing to underfacing, trims edge of undercollar with shears, and sews undercollar to collar.
- 3) Bastes collar or sleeves to coat body and sews collar or sleeves to coat with permanent stitches.
- 4) Stitches shoulder padding, coat facing, and lining together at armhole.
- 5) Bastes and sews canvas material in various coat parts, such as undercollar, shoulder, and front edge.
- 6) Joins shoulder padding to coat with basting stitches.
- 7) May sew on buttons and make buttonholes to finish suits.
- 8) May be designated according to tasks performed or garments sewn as Coat Baster; Coat Padder; Collar Setter; Lapel Padder; Sleeve Tailor; Suit Finisher.
- 9) May be designated: Top-Collar Maker; Undercollar Baster; Undercollar Maker; Vest Tailor.
Is being a "SHOP TAILOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SHOP TAILOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SHOP TAILOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SHOP TAILOR"
Job Number: 9323