Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Detonates dynamite or other explosive charges in shallow boreholes to set up seismic waves that are recorded by seismic instruments and interpreted to reveal subsurface rock formations likely to contain petroleum deposits: Lowers explosives into borehole and pushes switch to detonate charge.
- 2) Moves, stores, and maintains inventories of high explosives.
- 3) Repairs and services electric wiring and other shooting equipment and automotive equipment.
- 4) Sets up shortwave radio or field telephone equipment to transmit and receive shooting information.
- 5) May drive truck to transport explosives and shooting equipment.
- 6) May admit water into borehole to serve as tamping for explosive charge.
- 7) May be required to be licensed by federal government to handle explosives.
Is being a "SHOOTER, SEISMOGRAPH" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SHOOTER, SEISMOGRAPH" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SHOOTER, SEISMOGRAPH"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SHOOTER, SEISMOGRAPH"
Job Number: 9320