Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Makes boots and shoes, using hand and machine tools: Makes patterns, using form of foot and pattern paper, and outlines patterns on leather.
- 2) Cuts out parts with shears and knife, and sews them together on machine to form uppers.
- 3) Marks eyelets, punches them out, and inserts metal rings and clinches them on machine.
- 4) Assembles last and attaches it to stand.
- 5) Tacks insole on last and draws upper over last, tacking it in place.
- 6) Trims upper with knife and sews on welt.
- 7) Attaches outer sole to lasted upper by sewing it on or by roughening surface of sole with rasp and wire brush, coating it with cement and hammering it.
- 8) Tacks on rand, leather lifts to build heel base, and heel.
- 9) Trims and buffs edges of sole and heel, using knife and buffing wheel.
- 10) Brushes dressing dye on shoe and polishes it by holding it against rotating brush.
- 11) May roughen outsole and cement rubber or fiber sole to it.
- 12) May design and make women's fashion or custom shoes of materials, such as leather, fabric, and straw and be designated Custom-Shoe Designer And Maker.
Is being a "SHOEMAKER, CUSTOM" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SHOEMAKER, CUSTOM" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SHOEMAKER, CUSTOM"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SHOEMAKER, CUSTOM"
Job Number: 9316