Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks in conjunction with other workers to finish and fold shirts: Places collar, cuffs, and yoke on curved, padded forms of pressing machine.
- 2) Pushes button or moves lever to lower pressing head and press shirt parts.
- 3) Pulls sleeves of shirt over heated form to finish, or pulls sleeve over padded forms and presses button to insert forms into cabinet to iron sleeves.
- 4) Lays back of shirt on buck of pressing machine.
- 5) Depresses pedal or pushes button to lower pressing head onto shirt.
- 6) Drapes shirt over form and pushes buttons to rotate form into steam cabinet to press shirt bosom.
- 7) Folds finished shirts around piece of cardboard on folding board or on folding machine.
- 8) Finishes detached collars by feeding collars into equipment for dampening, shaping, and pressing.
- 9) May be designated according to part of garment ironed as Body Presser; Bosom Presser; Shirt-Collar-And-Cuff Presser; Shirt Folder II; Yoke Presser.
Is being a "SHIRT PRESSER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SHIRT PRESSER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SHIRT PRESSER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SHIRT PRESSER"
Job Number: 9305