Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs following tasks to assist SHIPWRIGHT in constructing and repairing ships: Holds plumb bobs, sighting rods, and other equipment to aid SHIPWRIGHT in establishing reference points and lines of ship, to position ship in drydock or to load machines and equipment.
- 2) Positions and secures keel and bilge blocks, cradles, shoring, and other structures in drydock or shipway to support ship, using handtools and power tools.
- 3) Drives wedges or packing between ship's hull and blocks to adjust height of blocking, using sledge.
- 4) Obtains tools, equipment, and materials from storage and carries them to work site.
- 5) Assembles plates, bolts, and other metal fittings.
- 6) Drills bolt holes in timbers or decking and tightens bolts, using portable power drill and handtools and power wrenches.
Is being a "SHIPWRIGHT HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SHIPWRIGHT HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SHIPWRIGHT HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SHIPWRIGHT HELPER"
Job Number: 9302