Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up power shear to cut metal sheet, plate, or bar stock according to work card or blueprint specifications: Lays out cutting lines on metal stock according to work order, using ruler and square, to obtain maximum number of pieces from stock.
- 2) Sets stops, guides, rake and pressure of blade on machine, using wrenches, rule, built-in gauge, or template.
- 3) Measures dimensions of first piece for conformance to specifications, using rule and square, or has piece approved by inspector.
- 4) Turns machine over to SHEAR OPERATOR II.
- 5) May install fixtures to shear, trim, or bevel workpiece.
Is being a "SHEAR SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SHEAR SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SHEAR SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SHEAR SETTER"
Job Number: 9251