Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates machines to sharpen ledger and fly blades of cloth-shearing machines: Removes blades from shearing machine, using chain hoist.
- 2) Mounts and squares ledger blade in jig of grinding machine, using straightedge and level.
- 3) Turns handwheels to set blade at specified angle and to position grinding stone against blade.
- 4) Starts machine that automatically moves rotating abrasive stone along edge of ledger blade.
- 5) Measures blade edge, using micrometer, to determine when thickness is within specified tolerances.
- 6) Resets machine to grind undercut on ledger blade.
- 7) Mounts spiral blade in brackets of grinding machine.
- 8) Turns various wheels to set both ends of blade equidistant from grinding head.
- 9) Starts machine that rotates abrasive stone and fly blade in opposite directions and moves stone along edge of blade, grinding blade until flaws are removed.
- 10) Measures diameter of blade with calipers at intervals along surface of blade to detect uneven grinding.
- 11) Replaces damaged spirals on fly blade, using handtools.
- 12) Mounts fly blade and ledger blade on lapping rig and starts machine that grinds blades against each other, using emery powder and oil, to finish edges.
- 13) Boils blades in chemical solution to remove oil and abrasive dust.
- 14) Applies preservative oil to blades.
Is being a "SHEAR-GRINDER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SHEAR-GRINDER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SHEAR-GRINDER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SHEAR-GRINDER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 9253