"SHALE PLANER OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates track-mounted machine to cut shale from wall face of pit and tends continuous conveyor system used for loading shale in dinkey car or dump truck: Guides and assists crew in resetting planer rails, supports, and blocking from back to front of planer, using jacks, shovel, sledgehammer and pinch bar.
- 2) Drives machine over rails to pit face.
- 3) Moves planer levers to control depth of cut and to rotate swivel cutting boom as shale is depleted from area.
- 4) Presses button to activate conveyor belt and pushes or pulls chain handles to regulate conveyor movement.
- 5) Lubricates and maintains machine, using handtools, replacement parts, and grease gun.
Is being a "SHALE PLANER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SHALE PLANER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SHALE PLANER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SHALE PLANER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 9233