Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and adjusts sewing machines in homes and sewing departments of industrial establishments, using handtools: Turns screws and nuts to adjust machine parts.
- 2) Regulates length of stroke of needle and horizontal movement of feeding mechanism under needle.
- 3) Dismantles machines and replaces or repairs broken or worn parts, using handtools.
- 4) Inspects machines, shafts, and belts.
- 5) Repairs broken transmission belts.
- 6) Installs attachments on machines.
- 7) Initiates orders for new machines or parts.
- 8) May operate machine tools, such as lathes and drill presses, to make new parts.
- 9) May be designated according to location in which employed as Fitting-Room Maintenance Mechanic.
Is being a "SEWING-MACHINE REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SEWING-MACHINE REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SEWING-MACHINE REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SEWING-MACHINE REPAIRER"
Job Number: 9212