"SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates sewing machine to join parts of fabricated textile products, canvas products, and trimmed and stamped art goods: May insert wire or draw-string cord under edge of material to fabricate articles, such as clothes pin bags, laundry bags, or ironing board covers.
- 2) May be designated according to function performed as Core-Covering Sewer; Filter-Cloth Maker; Finger-Buff Sewer; Parachute-Accessories Attacher; Parachute-Crown Sewer; Parachute-Cushion Installer; Parachute-Panel Joiner.
- 3) May stitch binding tape or zippers to exposed edges of canvas products.
- 4) May stamp grommets into edges of canvas products, using mallet and punch or eyelet machine.
- 5) May be designated according to type of article joined or type of stitch sewn as Awning Assembler; Cloth Joiner, Tents; Sail Finisher, Machine; Tent Assembler.
- 6) May operate double-needle machine to trim or reinforce fabric used for stamped art goods or products, such as coat, dress, and millinery trimming and be designated according to operation performed as Hemstitching-Machine Operator; Mender.
- 7) May fold bag material so that edges meet prior to sewing, sew mailing tags into seams, or close seams missed during assembly of textile bags.
- 8) May be designated according to type of bag or material sewn as Burlap-Bag Sewer; Canvas-Bag Maker; Charge-Bag Sewer; Cotton-Bag Sewer; Jute-Bag Sewer; Waterproof-Bag Sewer.
- 9) Performs other duties as described under SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR, REGULAR EQUIPMENT Master Title.
Is being a "SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"
Job Number: 9207