Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Removes roots, debris, and other refuse from clogged sewer lines and drains, using portable electric sewer cleaning machine, and repairs breaks in underground piping: Positions or disassembles sewer trap machine at sewer or drain outlet.
- 2) Removes drain cover, using wrench.
- 3) Installs rotary knives on flexible cable, mounted on reel of machine, according to diameter of pipe to be cleaned.
- 4) Starts machine to feed revolving cable into opening, stopping machine and changing knives as necessary to conform to diameter or contour of pipe.
- 5) Withdraws cable to deposit accumulated residue removed from pipe in containers for disposal.
- 6) Observes residue for evidence of mud, indicating broken sewer line.
- 7) Measures distance from sewer opening to suspected break, using plumbers' snake, tapeline, or by estimating position of cutting head within sewer.
- 8) Notifies coworkers to dig out ruptured line or digs out shallow sewers, using shovel.
- 9) Removes and replaces broken tile section or pipe, using caulking compound and cement to form watertight joint.
- 10) Replaces or directs replacement of earth.
- 11) Replaces dull knives and performs repairs on machine, using handtools.
- 12) May estimate cost of service to customer.
- 13) May clean sewage collection points and sanitary lines in streets and sewage plants.
Is being a "SEWER-PIPE CLEANER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SEWER-PIPE CLEANER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SEWER-PIPE CLEANER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SEWER-PIPE CLEANER"
Job Number: 9197