Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and maintains municipal storm and sanitary sewer lines, performing any combination of following tasks: Inspects manholes to locate stoppage.
- 2) Runs cleaning rods through rod guide, fits front end of rod with auger, using wrench, and lowers guide into position.
- 3) Thrusts rods into invert and advances them until auger reaches obstruction.
- 4) Rotates rods manually with turning pin, or attaches end of rod to portable power rodder to rotate rods.
- 5) Pulls lever and depresses pedal of machine to advance cleaning tool to encounter obstruction and to rotate cable or rods until obstacle is broken.
- 6) Retracts rods to drag out obstructions, such as roots, grease, and other deposits.
- 7) Cleans and repairs catch basins, manholes, culverts, and storm drains, using handtools.
- 8) Lays brick to raise manhole walls to prescribed street level, using masonry tools.
- 9) Measures distance of excavation site, using tape measure, and marks outline of area to be trenched according to direction of supervisor.
- 10) Breaks asphalt and other pavement, using airhammer, pick, and shovel.
- 11) Cuts damaged section of pipe with cutters and removes broken section from ditch.
- 12) Replaces broken pipes and reconnects pipe sections, using pipe sleeve.
- 13) Inspects joints to ensure tightness and seal before backfilling.
- 14) Packs backfilled excavation, using air and gasoline tamper.
- 15) Taps mainline sewers to install sewer saddles.
- 16) Replaces manhole covers.
- 17) Updates sewer maps and manhole charting.
- 18) Drives pickup trucks to haul crew, materials, and equipment.
- 19) Services, adjusts, and makes minor repairs to equipment, machines, and attachments.
- 20) Communicates with supervisor and other workers, using radio telephone.
- 21) Prepares records showing actions taken, human resource and equipment utilization, and disposition of material.
- 22) Requisitions tools and equipment.
- 23) Operates sewer cleaning equipment including power rodder, high velocity water jet, sewer flusher, bucket machine, wayne ball, and vac-all.
- 24) Cleans and disinfects domestic basements and other areas flooded as a result of sewer stoppages.
- 25) May lead workers in large repair and construction crew and direct other workers in efficient and safe use of machines, work methods, and safety procedures.
Is being a "SEWER-LINE REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SEWER-LINE REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SEWER-LINE REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SEWER-LINE REPAIRER"
Job Number: 9195