"SEWER-LINE REPAIRER, TELE-GROUT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates mobile television and chemical sealing units to conduct internal inspection of sewer lines and to seal defects for prevention of water infiltration: Locates line sections to be inspected, using map, and determines setup procedures.
- 2) Turns knobs to activate television equipment for video viewing.
- 3) Adjusts TV camera and monitors controls for optimal clarity and contrast.
- 4) Locates and identifies infiltration points and sewer defects to determine extent of sewer line damage.
- 5) Prepares description of each sewer defect, and records pertinent data, including exact location of defect.
- 6) Photographs screen picture of serious or unusual irregularities, using camera.
- 7) Determines chemical composition of sealing compound based on type of sealing activity necessary to seal defects, and oversees preparation of compound.
- 8) Turns control knobs of sealing unit to inflate packer to desired pressure, to air test infiltration point, to determine volume of needed sealing compound, and to pump correct amount of sealing chemicals.
- 9) Turns air release valve to deflate packer after allowing specified time for sealing compound to set.
- 10) Communicates with workers, using intercom system, and confers with supervisors to discuss condition of sewer lines, based on television inspection.
- 11) Services, adjusts, and makes minor repairs to equipment and attachments.
- 12) Gives directions to workers in efficient and safe use of television and grout, in work methods, and safety precautions.
- 13) Drives television and grout unit truck.
Is being a "SEWER-LINE REPAIRER, TELE-GROUT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SEWER-LINE REPAIRER, TELE-GROUT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SEWER-LINE REPAIRER, TELE-GROUT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SEWER-LINE REPAIRER, TELE-GROUT"
Job Number: 9196