Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Joins and reinforces parts of articles, such as garments, curtains, parachutes, stuffed toys, or sews buttonholes and attaches fasteners to articles, or sews decorative trimmings to articles, using needle and thread: Selects thread according to specifications or color of parts.
- 2) Aligns parts, fasteners, or trimmings, following seams, edges, or markings on parts.
- 3) Sews parts with various types of stitches, such as felling tacking, stitch and basting.
- 4) Trims excess threads, using scissors or knife.
- 5) May trim edges of parts, using scissors.
- 6) When sewing fasteners or trimmings to articles, may be designated Finisher, Hand.
- 7) May be designated according to stitch sewn as Baster, Hand; Feller, Hand.
- 8) May be designated according to article or part sewn as Armhole Baster, Hand; Bow Attacher; Bow Tacker I; Buttonhole Maker, Hand; Buttonhole Tacker; Button Sewer, Hand; Collar Feller.
- 9) May be designated: Collar Tacker; Drapery Sewer, Hand; Dressmaker; Edge Maker; Hook-And-Eye Attacher; Label Sewer, Hand; Lapel Baster; Lapel Padder; Lining Finisher; Neck Feller; Sleeve Baster; Sleeve-Bottom Feller; Tacker; Top-Collar Baster; Trimming Finisher.
Is being a "SEWER, HAND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SEWER, HAND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SEWER, HAND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SEWER, HAND"
Job Number: 9193