Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cleans and maintains equipment in sewage disposal plant to facilitate flow and treatment of sewage: Cleans filter screens, processing tanks, and walkways, using hose, brushes, and chemical solutions.
- 2) Cleans precipitates, such as grit, sludge, trash, and muck from sump, catch basin and grit chamber, using shovel, rake, and hand pump.
- 3) Lubricates equipment, such as pumps and valves.
- 4) Opens and closes gates and valves according to gauge readings or warning lights on equipment.
- 5) Collects samples of decontaminated refuse for testing.
- 6) May conduct test on sewage sample, using colorimeter.
- 7) May maintain grounds and outbuildings.
- 8) May be designated according to equipment cleaned as Catch-Basin Cleaner.
Is being a "SEWAGE-DISPOSAL WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SEWAGE-DISPOSAL WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SEWAGE-DISPOSAL WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SEWAGE-DISPOSAL WORKER"
Job Number: 9191