Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs sets for theatrical productions: Confers with play's director regarding interpretation and set requirements.
- 2) Conducts research to determine appropriate architectural and furnishing styles.
- 3) Integrates requirements, interpretation, research, design concepts, and practical considerations regarding factors, such as mobility, interchangeability, and budget to plan sets.
- 4) Renders drawing or illustration of design concept, estimates costs, and presents drawing for approval.
- 5) Prepares working drawings of floor plan, front elevation, scenery, and properties to be constructed.
- 6) Prepares charts to indicate where items, such as curtains and borders are to be hung.
- 7) Oversees building of sets, furniture, and properties.
- 8) May build scale models from cardboard, plaster, or sponge.
- 9) May design stage lighting to achieve dramatic or decorative effects.
Is being a "SET DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SET DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SET DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SET DESIGNER"
Job Number: 9175