"SERVICE RESTORER, EMERGENCY"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Restores street railway service after power failures, accidents, and equipment breakdowns, working as member of crew: Drives truck equipped with tools and materials to job site.
- 2) Diagnoses cause of difficulty to facilitate restoration of service.
- 3) Repairs or replaces parts or materials, such as trolley wire, insulators, conductor-bar assemblies, and lighting fixtures.
- 4) Repositions derailed cars on tracks with aid of other workers and mechanical hoisting equipment.
- 5) Erects portable structures at scene of fire to facilitate laying fire hose across street, and to permit streetcars and buses to pass underneath.
- 6) Raises or disconnects trolley wires to facilitate house-moving operations.
- 7) May repair malfunctioning streetcar units at scene when towing to repair barn is not feasible.
- 8) May repair or replace track, switches, and accessories to facilitate temporary service.
Is being a "SERVICE RESTORER, EMERGENCY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SERVICE RESTORER, EMERGENCY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SERVICE RESTORER, EMERGENCY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SERVICE RESTORER, EMERGENCY"
Job Number: 9165